Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 49 Wilderness Gateway to Grangeville

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Miles 78.21     Total   3,461.72     Daily Ave.  70.65
Avg speed  13.7     Max Speed  24.9     Alt Climbed  3045 ft

This mornings ride we exited the Lochsa River gorge and the valley opened to more farm and pastureland.  The Lochsa and Selway Rivers merged with the Clearwater River which we rode alongside until the final 10 mile uphill climb into Grangeville.  I was 4 miles into the climb when I noticed the storm clouds building directly ahead.  Three miles from town the winds picked up and the rain started.  I quickly covered my cell phone and camera with a plastic baggie I was carrying and put on a jacket.  The wind was quickly gusting and blowing stinging rain sideways as I continued up the mountain.  We have been very lucky, this was the first storm I have been caught in, again our angels were watching over us as we were only three miles from our support group.

Idaho





Grangeville evening concert in the park

Lolo Pass waterfall


Lochsa River


Lochsa River

The evenings entertainment

Getting ready for bed



Sunset over Grangeville

Lolo Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment